Thursday, January 7, 2021

Second squirrel for Cisco since Denver

 And I got back weeks ago! Cisco is still super heavy, leaving house today  at 1090. I like flying him at 900. He has not been very interested, and I have practically been starving him. He is holding weight eating very little. His new sport, instead of squirrel hunting, is antenna destruction. Destroyed two so far. I have had a Luksander XLF3 on his leg. Over the years he has worn a Marshall backpack. I removed it earlier this year. 

This morning we showed up at the woods and the transmitter output was anemic. I went home to get a new antenna and went back to the woods without the transmitter. I returned home again and got the transmitter. Back to the woods with everything I needed along with about 45 miles on the Honda. Cisco and the dog were fired up. Barely off the trail, the hunt began. Cisco swooped at a squirrel, it went to the ground. Arnold treed it and Cisco went to work. It bailed from right above my head and I swatted it. Apparently that was the quarter second that Cisco needed. Arnold came in on Cisco while Cisco was still fired up and Cisco popped him in the head. Just a slap.......

A link to video. I said 1190 in video. It was 1090. Today's aftermath

 

"Damn! Cisco's cranky today...."

"Cisco! Mind if I just sniff this squirrel?"






2 comments: