Monday, February 8, 2021

Doubling up

 I have decided to hunt with Cisco daily until he catches a squirrel. He is now close to a good weight, and performing well enough. 

Had a busy evening hunt with Cisco. We probably would have taken a squirrel home if I hadn't run in on him yelling my head off when he caught his second squirrel that bailed from the tree near the creek. Not sure what I thought I was accomplishing. I think Cisco decided he was dealing with a madman and just released it. He actually looked like he had it OK. We hunted for about two hours, lots of chases. He was 955 grams when we left the house. Out tomorrow afternoon. Arnold was superb.

A Bald Eagle flew over the woods while Cisco was chasing a squirrel. Cisco flew to a tall tree to watch and I decided it was a good time to end the hunt. Cisco watched the eagle fly off and went right back to chasing the same  squirrel.

Tomorrow no morning hunt, just an evening hunt with Cisco, Farrah out the next morning.


Cisco and Arnold after I
made him release the squirrel

A good morning with Farrah. Breezy, she had some good flights and she caught game.




No comments:

Post a Comment