Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Arnold retires

This is just a series of texts:

Considering that no one was injured or lost, this was a bad day. Arnold likes chasing pigs more than squirrels by a long shot. He took off and I could hear grunting and barking. Arnold was not responding to calls or training collar. I got him back and leashed him. That made him a major PITA with hunting. Cisco was on his own trying to catch a squirrel in the vines. I'm going out of town on Sunday, but will hunt with Cisco on Friday, sans dog. Arnold is retired from squirrel hunting indefinitely..... I don't see a way to include him. Pigs are ubiquitous.

I was aware the pigs were around, and kept both a tracking collar and training on him. I had him leashed up when a group ran by. Arnie went ballistic. Done....

It's too bad. He really gets into it. And he's good too.    

Arnold has no idea that he's banned for life.




No comments:

Post a Comment